This position is the direct relationship with our customers, warehouses, Houston Ports and Rail docks/ramps, and our internal drayage operations. Primary responsibility is providing timely, accurate, and efficient service to our customers. Customer Care Coordinator will handle multiple accounts with a diverse customer base. This position requires strong problem-solving skills, product knowledge, and superior communication ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by Management.
- Develop and maintain excellent working business relationships with customers.
- Responsible for all communication with customers and Linc departments to ensure customer orders are handled at the highest level of exceptional customer service
- Track all orders are entered in container management system – VIntermodal Manager
- Track and trace containers in VIntermodal using rail and port tracing; monitoring import and export containers
- Closely monitor Vessel schedule changes from the terminals and communicate to customer and operations accordingly
- Effectively communicate and schedule all pick-up and delivery order information with customer, dispatch, and over the road carriers as needed
- Follow up on deliveries to ensure all are dispatched according to the schedule and communicate with customers any issues or delays
- Promptly and effectively solve any issues with deliveries and or equipment
- Minimize all additional cost through effective communication, accurate data entry, thorough record keeping, and utilization of Link systems
- Cross train with other Customer Care Coordinators and keep desk manuals up to date
- Ensure all documentation, orders processing, and dispatch has been completed on orders and prepare orders for invoicing.
- Work with other functional areas to serve the customer – finance (billing), dispatch, management, etc.
- Verify new accounts are set up properly and make necessary changes for existing accounts as needed
Skill Sets and Requirements:
- Can-do, positive service attitude
- VIntermodal experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Independent thinking and problem-solving skills
- Computer Literacy
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizational Aptitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Typing speed of 40+ WPM
- Impeccable follow-through and commitment to quality customer service
- Desires fast paced environment
- Bi-Lingual is a plus (Spanish)
- High School Diploma or GED